Tuesday 10 November 2015

Beautiful contemporary Igbo names with beautiful meaning I love

Here are some female names in Igbo names I like. Please feel free to add yours!!!

Igbo language is one of the major languages spoken in Nigeria. Most native speakers come from the eastern states in Nigeria such as Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, some parts of Delta and Rivers states.

Here are some of the beautiful female names I have selected. I have purposely spelt some the way I like. It is up to you to choose how you want the name spelt. Please note that there are numerous beautiful igbo names and please feel free to add yours. 

 Names
Adaeze (Ada is usually given to the first daughter.  Adaeze, Adanna, Adaobi etc has various significant meaning to the bearer).
Adanna
Adaobi
Adaaku
Adaugo
Adamma
Amaka  from Chukwuamaka or Chiamaka – God is beautiful (can be shortened to Ama)

Chichi (derived from names such as Chinyelum, Chinwe, Chikodili, etc)
Chidimma (shortened to Mma, Chi or Chidi)

Kamsiyochukwu/Kamsiyochim (God has done to me as I have requested) shortened to Kamsy (this is one of my favourite names)

Kasiamobi: Meaning God console me (derived from Chikasiamobi) can be shortened to Kassy
Tobenna (shortened to Tobe or Toby) meaning to praise God
Somunachi/Somunachukwu (only God and I…)
Somtochi/ Somtochukwu (Praise God with me)
Sommachi/ Sommachukwu (God’s beauty) Can be shortened to Somma



 Add yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment