Friday 6 June 2008

But why?

I was in London yesterday and I must say, the whole place was bubbling with different ethnic group, you can literally see the wealth these people bring into the country. People come from all over the world to see some historic land marks in London. I must say I am not a huge fan of London. I find the place not friendly and it doesn't help with the huge crowd every where. I was just thinking to myself as I was walking around London yesterday that my country can be like this if we are serious about development. God has blessed us with everything from the weather to the natural resources. We have the land, the beaches, the seaside, the culture name it we all have it.

My problem is that we have leaders who constantly travel abroad, they see all these wonders in the world and when they come back home, their great idea is to loot the money to already rich countries. Niger Delta area in Nigeria could be a big money maker, with the sea they are blessed with, the oil etc. The governors need not wait for federal government for money. They could generate big money through tourism and give that area and its people good life. Same thing goes for other states and areas in Nigeria.

I dream of a day that we all (not only Nigerian but Africans in whole) will wake up and start rebuilding this great land.

Meanwhile some stories from the newspaper, this lady was sent to jail for fraudulently claiming benefit and then buying houses with it with her daughter. I really don't understand why some people cannot hold on to their integrity.


2 comments:

  1. I sincerely agree with u, Nigeria has so much to give in terms of resources but who knows. Only time will tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. leadership is not the only till bad in nigeria. the masses are worse. no matter what you do for nigeria, they will spoil it in 5yrs

    ReplyDelete