Tuesday 30 September 2008

Happy Independence day to Nigeria

I was talking to a close friend of mine that Nigerians will be celebrating their independence on the 1st of October and my friend asked whom Nigerians are celebrating independence from. I said from the British colony. He went ahead to ask me if it is something really to celebrate since the country has not done much better since the end of colonialism. Well, I answered it is a big thing to celebrate. Freedom is a huge thing to celebrate. We may not have done much better since the end of colonialism but we have come a long way. Think of the ills of colonialism, I mean the whole of Africa is still suffering from the ills of that era. It will take time and dedication from every African to deal with the ills of colonialism but the truth is that Africans have no other choice but to progress. To all Nigerians out there; enjoy the Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment