Monday 17 January 2011

Question of love!!!!!

I attended an amazing wedding this weekend and I had a fantastic time. When the lovely couple were exchanging their vows with each other, I felt the enormousness of those words, those commitments made to each other and how many couple actually keep to each of those words. I just started thinking about love, what it means and where one can get the greatest kind of love. My spirit just spoke to me that the greatest love I can rely on is from God Almighty!!!! I realised that my spirit was right. I started remembering how people have let me down over the years.  I remembered all the friends I thought were friends who stabbed me in the back and spread horrible lies about me. God would never do that sort of thing to me. God has been there for me through all the pains and betrayal from so called 'friends'. God picked me up when I felt like dirt and still loved me for who I am. With God I can be myself without being scared of loosing him. He alone knows all my idiosyncrasies and only him in the whole wide world will not listen to gossip or lies about me because he knows the truth. 

Every single day of my life, every second, God is there with me looking out for me, fighting battles (both seen and unseen) for me, pleading my cause and preserving me from evil. How many people can do that for me without wanting payment? When it comes to relationships, God has never and will never cheat on me or flirt with another woman. He is a jealous God and knows what it is like to have a bit of jealousy. He treats me like I am the only woman in the world. He tells me how beautiful I am and how wonderfully made I am. He has promised me the whole world and will keep his promises unlike man. His love is there for me all the time and when I call on him, He is never too tired or busy for me. He holds me when I cry, hurt and feel like I can't go on. This God loves me so much!!!! I can go on and on and will never be able to write all the different ways He has shown me love. I pray that God will help me to be the best that I can be.





No comments:

Post a Comment