Tuesday 14 January 2014

A woman's story

I got a call from a lady who wanted me to share her story on this blog. I spoke to her and agreed to share her touching story. Please read.

My name is Mrs. Tochukwu and I hail from a village in Imo State of Nigeria.  I have been married for 18 years to this businessman by name Mr. Uchena Tochukwu from the same village in Imo State.  When we got married, everything was going on great and I thought it would remain like that.  My husband showered so much love on me that I even neglected the aspect of prayers in my marriage.  I felt everything was going to remain this way.

Although for the first few years of my marriage, I was not blessed with the fruit of the womb and as a woman, it was a thing of concern to me because been fruitful is the joy of every married woman.  All my prayer requests then were for God to bless my womb and I was later blessed with wonderful and God fearing children.

The love my husband had for me even increased to the extent that he opened a business for me that was seriously fetching money and even went as far as buying some gold ornaments worth a million naira.  Everything was really moving well with my family and my children were looking promising.

Low and behold the enemy struck because of my prayerlessness, my husband’s relatives turned against me, telling me all sort of things, that their brother has been charmed by me and that in no time I was going to wreck him.  I tried to explain myself, but all effort seemed abortive.  I was not so disturbed because my husband, irrespective of the false information he was fed with from his relatives, he still carried out his primary responsibilities of taking care of his family and household.

My husband, in his quest to prove how much he loves me opened a fast-food business for me with a branch in town and I employed a secretary to over see the happenings in that business.
But to my greatest surprise, my husband’s attitude towards me started to change, he no longer sees any reason to be with his family, he started keeping late nights, stopped eating from my pots and when I summoned the courage to ask him why all these changes, he would tell me not to disturb myself that everything was well.  Within me, I knew the devil was out for me but I could not help it than confront the secretary.  The secretary gave me a piece of her mind. She said to me that if I can’t take care of my husband then she will teach me how to go about it.  When my husband returned the following day, I told him my encounter with the secretary and he gave me the shock of my life that he was no longer interested in our so called marriage and that he has come to seek for a divorce.

I then knelt down to beg him not to seek for a divorce and to return to his family but all fell to deaf ears.  He stopped paying my children’s school fees and I had no choice than to withdraw them from a Prestigious Private School to a government school where charges are free.  My last baby is two years now and my husband has not set his eyes on him how much more of living up to his responsibilities of taking care of his family.

My husband went as far as telling me to sell all the gold he bought for me. I did as he said in order for peace to reign. I obediently sold all my gold and he took the money to his new found love which is the secretary.

The case is still very fresh in court and nothing seems to be working in my favor. I know somebody might be wondering why all these write-up.   Yes, I have to share my experience with the married people that they ought to be prayerful in their various homes at all times because they do not know when the enemy would strike.  For the fact that things are moving smoothly now do not mean it would remain so.  But with prayers and supplications made known to God everything would be fine.

3 comments:

  1. It is so sympathetic. It is really a piety that most married women do not know how to hold their family with prayers. A prayerless wife is like an empty drun. Women should go to any lenght in prayer to protect their husbands. It is unfortunate that this woman have became a guinea pig for others to lean. God help her to win the husband back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is great however, a man that is not godly will always stray. We as women and mothers owe it to our son's wives to train our sons to respect women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine The secretary even has the audacity to confront the madam. Well, all she has to do is go to God in prayers and there is NOTHING GOD CANNOT do. It is well with Mrs Tochukwu and women in such situations.

    ReplyDelete