Thursday 17 March 2016

On strong, intelligent and powerful females I admire!!


I will start today's post by writing on one of the things I admire about intelligent and successful women. I am surrounded by powerful and intelligent women by the nature of the job I am in. I work with some of the most intelligent women one can think of and NO, they are not nasty and vindictive but rather supportive. These are strong women who are so successful in their field that they help others to become successful. I grew up with a very strong and successful woman, my mum. I have always admired her hard work, resilience, tenacity and quest for knowledge. 

My parents have always brought us up with a 'can do' mentality and to excel in our chosen fields. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew what I wanted in life. Most people I have come in contact with see my drive, determination and motivations for the things I am passionate about.


One may say that I am sapiosexual. I find intelligence exciting. I find intelligent people's mind fascinating. Whilst growing up, I would read about Oprah Winfrey's rise to becoming one of the most successful black women on TV. That excited me. It can be done!! 

Now, I am reading about this very intelligent lady called Dambisa Moyo. When I first heard of her, I had to google her and I loved what I read. I went on YouTube to watch her speak and was fascinated. I first heard of her because of her book called Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa'. What a brilliant book!!
Dambisa Moyo. picture: http://dambisamoyo.com/about/

A little bit about this intelligent and successful woman called Dambisa Moyo. According to wikipedia she is Zambian-born, an international economist and author. She has post-graduate degrees in business, public administration, and economics and is a Harvard and Oxford University graduate. She currently serves on the boards of Barclay Bank, the financial services group, SABMiller, the global brewer, and Barrick Gold, the global miner. She worked for two years at the World Bank and eight years at Goldman Sachs before becoming an author and international public speaker. She has written three New York Times bestselling books: Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa (2009), How the West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly – And the Stark Choices that Lie Ahead (2011), and Winner Take All: China's Race for Resources and What It Means for the World (2012). On her website, it states that  she is a global economist who analyses the macroeconomy and international affairs and her work has take her to more the 70 countries over the last decade.


These qualifications and experiences are no play in the park. So if you are out there, thinking it cannot be done, think again. It can be done!!! Well done Dambisa!! I am so proud of all that you have achieved!!!

13 comments:

  1. Terrific article! This is the kind of info that are supposed
    to be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for not positioning this publish higher!
    Come on over and visit my site . Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the positive feedback. Just give me the link to your site and I will visit!

      Delete
  2. Thankfulness to my father who informed me regarding this
    webpage, this website is truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your positive feedback. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. My partner and I stumbled over here different website and thought I might check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following
    you. Look forward to looking at your web page yet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've really loved surfing around your weblog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and
    I hope you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this web site provides quality depending posts and other material, is there any other web page which provides such information in quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, many thanks for your comment. I am sure there are lots of informative sites out there. I will link some very good ones later.

      Delete
  6. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each
    time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am so sorry for this. I will find a way to remove you from the service.

      Delete
  7. Hi there to all, it's in fact a nice for me to go to see
    this website, it contains valuable Information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there to all, it's actually a nice for me to visit this web page, it
    consists of important Information.

    ReplyDelete