Saturday 19 March 2016

The 'I can do' attitude!!

I have always believed that there is nothing I cannot do!! If I have the passion and drive, I go for it even if it means me starting all over again to learn. Sometimes in life, we come across people that put us down and bring all the negativity with them trying to put their limitations on us. My parents always brought us up with the 'can do' attitude. That is one of the reasons I am 'unapologetically' stubborn when someone tells me that I cannot do something or achieve something. I cut them off and prove them wrong that I can be who I want to be and achieve what I set myself to achieve. I surround myself with positive people who believe in me and my capabilities. These are the people that count! 

This brings me to the story of  Victoria Pendleton who used to be a cycling champion and double Olympic gold medalist. It was stated that she had never  ridden before and first sat on a horse a year ago. There were many critics who doubted her ridding ability and rightly so since she is new to the sport. But this did not deter her. She believed in her own abilities. She learnt the sport and came fifth place at the Cheltenham horse racing festival, yesterday. She exceeded expectations and silenced all the critics. What wonderful inspirational story this is!!  Well done Victoria!!

Victoria Pendleton





Picture: http://news.sky.com/story/1662724/pendletons-special-achievement-at-cheltenham

No comments:

Post a Comment