Friday 6 January 2017

My dad's posthumous birthday!

Today I celebrate my wonderful dad. Although he has gone to rest, I still celebrate his birthday. 

I miss him so much. I sometimes want to have a pity party and cry woe is me but I know that is not what he would want.

I have not been able to grieve properly and I do not know if I really want to because I am scared that I may be too weak to face the reality of death and my dad not being here with us anymore.

My dad was a wonderful and special man, with a strong character and personality. A man of great intelligence and well revered by his peers. He was never afraid to speak his mind as long as it was the truth. He was once a student union president in his time at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He fought for people's rights and helped as many as he could.

He taught me quite a lot and was a great motivation and inspiration to me. I remember him today with the fondest of memories. I remember our time spent listening and appreciating music, playing lawn tennis, laughing and even disagreeing.




In this picture taken with my dad, he was already poorly but managed to attend and celebrate my graduation with me.


My upcoming book, details more about the last months spent with my dad. I will post more information about my book in the next coming months.


Happy birthday, dad!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Daddy! What wonderful memories. At least, you have pictures with him, I can't find any with him. Very well written Lily. I love you.

    ReplyDelete