Tuesday 27 March 2018

How not to make Akara

Akara is a Nigerian staple food and enjoyed by many. It is made with black eye beans and it is absolutely delicious.

 The ingredients for the meal is simply, Black eye beans.


To make Akara, you have to soak the beans and then peel the skin off the beans and blend. According to your taste, you may blend on its own and then add some salt and deep fry or 


As my sister loves it, add peppers and onions


I came up with a light bulb idea to add stiff egg white to the mix



 And it was a disaster!
 It soaked oil and was disgusting  (it went in the bin)


Akara should be fluffy as shown in this picture.

 My sister made this

So, never add stiff egg white to your Akara. If you do, your Akara will just go to waste!



1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha..... egg white in akara. Keep trying, one day you will invent a special kind of akara. Oh my days. If I were the one, I would still eat it. It looks yummy. Get some soft white bread and place them in between, voila, akara burger.

    ReplyDelete