Thursday 10 May 2012

Who do you trust to look after your baby?

Jennifer Mahoney

On the surface, Jennifer Mahoney, 33, looks innocent, sweet and very much like the girl next door but in reality is a monster who abused an innocent 5 year old girl. Jennifer Mahoney is a babysitter and faces 30 years in prison after she admitted broadcasting a sex attack on a 5-year-old girl to other alleged predators using the live video-chat programme Skype on her iPhone.  She pleaded guilty in US District Court Wednesday to the sexual exploitation of a child that took place on at least two separate occasions in her home (Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2142142/Jennifer-Mahoney-Babysitter-admits-sexually-assaulting-girl-5-streaming-live-video-online.html#ixzz1uTI1aHoy).


What a shame!!! My heart goes out to the little girl abused. As a mother, I often ask myself if I could ever bring myself to take my child to a child-minder when I go back to work. I already feel guilty thinking about it. I am at a dilemma here. On one hand, I need to go back to work (I cannot afford not to work) and on the other hand, I want to bring up my baby myself.  With stories like these prevalent, I cannot trust strangers with my baby. For mothers that have gone back to work, how did you cope and get past the trust issues? How did you cope with the guilt (if you had any) of leaving your baby with a child minder? Please share your stories with me. I need to be encouraged!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment