Thursday 10 May 2012

Determination or what?



The picture above shows Chinese children revising for make-or-break exams to get them into the college of their choice. The teenagers were offered intravenous fluids to maintain their health levels as they prepared for June’s National College Entrance Exam, reports in China claimed (Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140719/Education-bosses-hook-Chinese-high-school-students-IV-drips-energy-boosts-help-graduate.html#ixzz1uTSDqard)

Well, when I was a student, I would stay awake all night reading and revising for my exams. We were never offered anything to boost our energy or health. Some students I know drank loads of coffee to stay awake and I am not sure if that helped. I stayed awake because I was scared of failure. Failure was not an option for me so I put in the hard work. In a way, I love the determination of the students to get to where the want to be but it seems so wrong offering children intravenous fluids to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment