Tuesday 14 February 2017

Valentine's day - Is love in the air?

Do we really need a day to celebrate love, a day to show our loved ones how much they mean to us and how much we love them? Should every day not be a day to celebrate love?

It is all so suffocating being pressurised to shop and buy gifts to celebrate love. Valentine's day has become another day for big cooperate organisation to push goods and services on people... Not that I am totally against consumerism!

For me, every day should be celebrated with love. I don't want to wait for one day out of a whole year to feel special or show someone that I love them.

However, as valentines day is a day just like any other day,  I celebrate love as I would celebrate it every day. I appreciate everyone that has been kind to me and shown me, love.

I remember loved ones who are no longer with us - my dad, my beloved uncle.

I remember all those who are hurting, who are alone, who have no one.

I remember the little orphan children I looked after and wonder how they are doing now.

I remember those suffering and cannot provide food for their children.

The world is full of love but also full of people hurting.

And finally......

I want to say those words....

Ready ......

I love you! 

2 comments:

  1. I love you too. We should celebrate love everyday and not just on Valentine's day. I totally agree with your write up. Valentine's day is seen by some as a day to buy red roses, red chocolates and red underwear for your other half. There are loads of people out there who need love everyday and they don't care about the red products, they just need someone to talk to, someone to share their life with, some food, warm clothing and a listening ear. We need to prioritize what's important to us and those around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Evelyn. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete