Thursday 23 February 2017

Storm Doris has descended on us!


The Met Office did issue a warning about the arrival of storm Doris and the disruptions it would bring with it when it arrives. Well, storm Doris has descended upon us!

Like a petulant child, I ventured outside the office in London and just instantly, I regretted going outside the building. The force of the wind that hit me was kind of a warning giving me some subtle messages and resetting my brain to ask myself why I was even outside in the first place.

As per usual, I stubbornly continued walking and this time, the wind came back much more powerful and everyone around me was screaming. I continued walking instead of turning back. But not for long as the next wind that hit was so strong that everyone around me stopped to look for something to hold on to. I had my back to a wall!

As I took another step forward forcing myself to move through the gust of the wind, I almost started crying! By then, particles found their way into my eyes and I could not see where I as going. The wind was just too strong and there was no point fighting the wind. I thought to myself, this is what happens when one does not listen to common sense. I should have stayed in the building! No one sent me outside!









How was storm Doris where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment