Monday 15 January 2018

My experience at OIS London

The news that Nigerians would lose their hard earned money if they do not have their Bank Verification Number (BVN) done was shocking. According to the papers, those without the BVN would lose their hard earned money should they not have this. 

I quickly went online to search where I could have mine done. The OIS London came up. I went online, booked my appointment. The form was pretty straightforward but required a lot of information.


So, today was my appointment day and I went to the OIS at 56-57 Fleet street London. I got in and met the most ignorant security guy. He was so lackadaisical. I was a bit piqued. I booked a service and I am met with this rudeness? He started asking for my passport photograph, passport etc. I had to ask him if he was the person who was in charge of providing the service. He was taken back that I had a voice and quickly apologised and told me to go upstairs.

I got upstairs and sat down. It was not rowdy, thank God! I didn't want the lack of organisation that I was used to in Nigerian house. However, I noticed that people that I came before were being seen to. After about 30 minutes, I stood up to ask a lady what the procedure was and how come certain people were being seen to first despite me and others being there before them. The lady (who I think is an agent) explained to me that those people being seen to were there for another service.

Finally, this lady at the till who had been giving me the evils reluctantly calls my number and whispers something to the only black lady beside her at the till. I am confused by her actions. Is she not supposed to be providing a service? If the job is not one that she is happy with, why not leave so that someone happy can take up the role and do it with dignity and respect?

Anyway, I hear her say to the black girl by her side "I am not even going to try".

I am boiling at this minute but remained composed. She didn't explain anything. She 'didn't try' as I heard her tell the black girl at the till.

Now, my angst is this. Nigerian government or whoever came up with Nigerians being put in positions where we are treated as if we are really from shit hole countries, can this stop?

I don't have to be treated as 'shit' by someone who is not happy to do their job!

OIS London, sort your staff out and train them to respect paying customers and treat them with respect and dignity regardless of skin colour.

I hope I never have anything to do with this organisation! The customer service is rubbish!

The whole thing should not be more than 15-20 minutes and customers should leave satisfied but because of little miss attitude, who felt that she did not want to deal with me in a dignified manner, I left as a very unsatisfied customer!

Sort your staff out OIS London! I read a review online that your staff are rude and this was proven today. If they cannot serve Nigerians with the respect and dignity required, then, Nigerian governement or whoever is in charge should look for an effective and efficient service provider!


1 comment:

  1. Such a shame. Can you imagine? I am glad you stood up for yourself. Nigeria house is worse, you would think you were still in Nigeria, no manners, no customer service. God help us.

    ReplyDelete