Monday 15 March 2010

Decision on male circumcision!!!

I was just having a discussion with a good friend and we some how got talking about our cultures. He mentioned that in his culture, it is not mandatory to circumcise males and I said that in mine it is normal culturally to circumcise male children. He then asked me if I will be willing to circumcise my son when I have one. This got me thinking and I researched a bit into this because sometimes, one follows culture without knowing the meaning or the need for such culture. I found out that there are medical reasons to circumcise males (I am not into female circumcision neither is it in my culture). I don't know if it is mandatory by religion or by medical research. What if one's partner does not agree with male circumcision? What would you do if you had a son and you believed in male circumcision but your partner does not? Are there any particular reasons why people circumcise males and if so what are these reasons? Did you circumcise your male child or not?

3 comments:

  1. For a lot of Nigerians, male circumcision is something we follow in the Bible and Quran in relation to God asking Abraham to be circumcised, him and his family. Also, it is a clean thing, dirt can get under the hood of the uncircumcised penis and as alot of men aren't the cleanest beings walking the planet, it would be quite dangerous and dirty having sex with such a being, through it must be said that the myth of circumcised men being better in bed is exactly what it is- a myth (science proved it o, not me!)
    If you have a partner who doesn't believe in it, the best thing would be to talk about it, get informed and speak to a doctor but get it done while young and by a professional as its been recorded that some unfortunate accidents happen.

    Abi Idowu- Bolton

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i know is that i must circumcise my make child most importantly because of the medical reasons. do u know that uncircumcised males carry bacteria that increases the chances of their female partners ending up with cervical cancer and a whole lot more. my dear, i wouldnt even marry a man that does not believe in male circumcision cos that means we dont have the same beliefs. every christian has to believe and support it cos it is written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on the person's race. Black pple circumcise, and im not sure about other races. Maybe one has to find out...lol :)

    ReplyDelete