Tuesday 16 March 2010

No to violence




I just read about the explosion in Warri Nigeria. A woman lost her life as a result of the explosion. It is sad that the frustration of the people has gotten to the level that civil dialogue cannot take place. Everyday, I fear for the innocent citizens of Nigeria. Lives are not valued any more and the politicians seem not to care for its citizens. I am praying for Nigeria as I do not know what I can do to help for now. I do not want to be one of those that name the many ills of the country without solutions. I think of solutions everyday for my dear motherland. I am very passionate about development not only for Nigeria but for the whole of Africa. We cannot get anywhere with violence. I know many are not happy but please they should respect lives that they did not have hand in creating. In developed countries you do not see people bombing places just because they disagree with issues.

I want Nigerians to be known for great things. I don't want to be ashamed of where I come from. I don't believe in violence. Violence never gets any answers. Please let there be peace and if you are not happy with issues that affect you, follow the right channels and if your grievance is not addressed now, find ways of getting the issues addressed at least you are doing something positive. But then again, the people that commit such crimes are criminals (educated or not). They kill to get cheap thrills and they use the money from kidnapping their own people to buy weapons to kill their own people in the name of emancipation. Shame on all the criminals!!!

What are your views on the latest events in Niger Delta? Do you agree that there is still a chance for civilised dialogue or has things gone so bad that it is beyond any form of dialogue?

Sources: Nigerian Vanguard (http://www.vanguardngr.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment