Friday 9 April 2010

When to help

I was on the bus to uni and saw an elderly white man faint. His glasses was shattered and I was in so much shock and was hoping people would help him. This happened in city centre. There were people passing him and nobody seemed to care or wanted to help him. I then saw two black men and one cautiously approached the man, said something to the man and the elderly man gave the black man his hand and was helped up. I really hope the elderly man is getting all the medical treatment he needs and is doing OK. I thank God for the good Samaritan that helped the man. I believe God put him there at that particular time for a reason.

This brings the topic about helping others to my mind. Many people have horror stories of how helping others have backfired on them. I read on a paper few weeks ago of a woman that helped a little boy off a tree. The police was called and she was questioned. I know someone with the heart of gold who would help anyone in distress and what does she get paid with? Evil!!!!There was this widow this person I know housed. This widow was housed free of charge for 5 years living in this person's house without paying any bills or any expenses. After 5 years, this person I know found another house for the widow and paid the rent for this widow. But as human beings will ever be (Very predictable), this widow went mad insulting the woman that helped her as to why she should leave (remember it is not her house). Anyway, when the widow eventually went to the house that was rented for her my this person I know, she started going everywhere bad mouthing this wonderful woman that helped her for 5 years. How wicked can some people be for goodness sake. When I heard this story and I was in shock!!!! But nothing that humans do now ever really move me that much.

Had I not been on the bus when the old man fainted, I would have helped the man. I would put myself out to help others. I asked my mum. Would all the evil you were paid for doing good ever deter you from helping others? She answered me, NEVER!!! She will keep doing good for the rest of her life. I have the same spirit as my mum and dad. I will keep doing good for the rest of my life no matter how evil some people can be, no matter if I am paid evil for the good I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment