Friday 21 March 2008

Reflection















Sometimes we seat and reflect on our lives, our achievements, disappointments, and what we want out of life. Sometimes I do ask myself what is my role here on earth? I really want to get down and achieve what God wants me to do. In the course of living life, we go through happy times and not so happy times. We meet people who will do anything to help us get there and people who will want to destroy that dream through any means. We sometimes go through pains, disappointments, betrayal and sometimes joy, happiness and a feeling of achievement in the course of just being alive. We love, admire, lust, brave, hate and go through all the emotions that we do go through in life.

Life is great. But some might say for a few. Why must we think it is great for a few? Why not for all? Well, some might say if it was that great, why do some people commit suicide? Why do some of our loved ones have to die? Why is it I am not among the rich? Why am I not married? Why don’t I have children? Why does my children hate me and do things that bring shame to me? Why are blacks so hated? Why is Africa still backward? Why are there many people dying of hunger, HIV, pain etc? Why do we go to war? why is there poverty?

These questions are sometimes and most times not easy to answer. When my most precious dad went to be with the lord, I couldn't ask the question why? I was too afraid of what God would think of me. I was afraid because everyone said to me in everything, give glory to God. I couldn't really mourn cause I was so afraid that God would be angry with me. I would cry but when I think of how God sees me, I dry my eyes and continue to have faith in HIM because he said he is now my father and would take care of me. Sometimes, I would pray so hard for something and really have faith and then, I don’t get what I have prayed for. I get really down and inside me, I would want to ask God, well you said you’ll give me what I want, so where are you? I must confess there was a period I hated God. I couldn't’t bear to pray to him cause I thought if he was so great, why am I in pain. But one thing that keeps me so grounded in God is that when all my hopes are gone, he comes through and you know that prayer that I thought he didn’t answer me comes to pass. I can say there is no prayer I have prayed that God has not answered me. It might not be in the moment I wanted it but it sure does come through and at the right time.

So now, I have learnt from experience, God never never deserts his children. When we think we cannot go through with life, when we think the pain is just too much for us to bear, when we think all hope is gone and there cannot be a miracle in this world to see us through, God comes through.

It is Good Friday, I am reflecting on God’s amazing love for me. I am reflecting on this man that loves me so much that he gave his only son Jesus to die for me so that I can be save, so I can be healed, so I can live life and live it abundantly, so that I can achieve my dreams and bring glory to him. It is a love so unconditional. I am not perfect, I might not be the best looking girl in the world, but this man loves me just the way I am, he says to me everyday how beautiful I am, he shows me love by protecting me, by giving me good health, by protecting my family and those I love. He loves me even when I disappoint him over and over again, even when I am being bad, even when I said I will not pray to him again, he forgave me, brought me closer to him and whispered to me, “I still love you”. Doesn’t it bring tears to your eyes?

Just like we think our dreams have died or when we think of giving up, just remember Jesus died too and just as He rose on the third day, so will our dreams, our passions and our visions. Our dreams will rise again, our hopes will rise again and as long there is life, our faith in ourselves, what we do, our dreams etc will live again. For those who are Christians, have a wonderful Easter and for those who are not, I hope you enjoyed the write-up and can understand where I am coming with my faith. To you all have a brilliant weekend. Life is really great, don’t you think so?

4 comments:

  1. What a sober reflection!

    It's good to relish in the realisation that we are LOVED by God no matter who we are or what past we have led in time past. It is so comforting that we can find true love in God!

    I am of the opinion that what we need to reposition Africa in the eyes of the world is to reach out and touch someone's life today. A gift of love would go a long way in making a difference! Show some love today!

    ....Thanks for your comment on my blog. You have a beautiful blog and I love the the emotions you bring into your write-ups! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! this is very true......In situation in which our powers are restricted and only God can help,most ppl like me still find it difficult to keep our faith in God as it's very difficult for the human flesh not to kick in.....But i try to hang unto his words and hope that his will be done in my life..... Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Truly, life is great, and with our God, all things are possible. Just enjoy the moment as the saying goes, "taking it one day at a time."

    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you said..."it might not come when we want it but it always comes at the right time." He's always proved Himself. I thank God for your strength.

    ReplyDelete