Tuesday 3 April 2012

Hmmmmnnnn!!!!

Betty & Farai Mbereko

I do not know how true this story is but I was so shocked by it that I wanted to share it. This is Betty Mbereko (40) and Farai Mbereko (23) who are mother and son. They have decided to get married and she is 6 months pregnant for her son. When Betty’s husband passed away, she decided to marry her son rather than her husband’s brothers (which is customary in some African tradition. i.e to marry one’s husband’s brothers).  
I am not here to judge but this is just so shocking. Is this not wrong on all levels? I believe that in her culture it is also an abomination (They come from  Mwenezi in Masvingo). She was even warned to break off their marriage or leave the village.They chose to leave the village. I really hope it is a joke!!

1 comment:

  1. Alu!! God forbid. please this is an abomination and the mere thought of it is disgusting. Signs of the end times.

    ReplyDelete