Saturday 30 April 2016

Which is the best way to get to London Heathrow from Kings Cross?

I am looking for the best way to get to Heathrow airport from Kings Cross station.  I know that there are several ways to get to Heathrow from Kings Cross but I am looking for the most efficient without me carrying my luggage up and down roads, escalators and changing different transportation systems.

I am travelling with one large luggage and a hand luggage and I really do not want to be dragging these up and down.  From what I found out, I can use the Heathrow Express service from London Paddington. The fare for this is about £22.00 for a single or £36 for a return. This can be booked online and in advance. There is also the Heathrow Connect and a single ticket costs about £10.20 and open return for about £20.40.

Although the above 2 seems to me the fastest route to Heathrow, However, for me, there is still the inconvenience of dragging my luggage and finding my way to Paddington from Kings Cross in order to get the Heathrow express or Heathrow connect.   I do not want the hassle of dragging my luggage and waiting for a taxis, bus or changing trains to get to Paddington.

Another option for me is to go by coach. They are pretty frequent and run throughout the day and night with journey times not too bad - between 40 and 80 minutes to and from Victoria coach station, and fares from £6 one-way. If I had no luggage and I wanted to just experience the coach service to Heathrow, I might just do this. However, not on this occasion!!


The other option available to me is to get the Piccadilly Line from Kings Cross underground straight to Heathrow. The fare is not as much as the Heathrow express or connect. I could get a single ticket from £6 if I am leaving from Zone 1. This to me is more practical. All I have to do once I arrive Kings Cross is to get on the underground – Piccadilly line- and go straight to Heathrow. Although it takes longer – takes about 55 minutes. It is worth it for me. I do not have to drag my luggage up and down the roads, waiting for taxis and driving through London to get to another station. I just sit down, enjoy the ride and get dropped off at the terminal which I want. Sounds like a great plan.

Lets see how it goes!!!

1 comment: