Thursday 18 August 2016

Taking the simplest things for granted!

I love London! I love the mix of people, the crowd, the multicultural mix. Just walking down the street, you would hear languages from all corners of the world been spoken. I love walking down the street and exchanging greetings with the big issue seller - by the way, he is fantastic! Always has a smile and word for me. I love exchanging greetings with the few construction workers that I pass every day on my way to work - some days, we have a bit of a chit chat.

As I was segueing from the sea of people on the streets of London to get to the train station and taking in the London scenery, the mix of people, interracial couples, children, old and young, something phenomenal caught my gaze.

It was a woman in a wheelchair wearing an oxygen mask doing her thing without any help. The London hustle and bustle, noise, people did not interest me anymore. Before I saw her, I was giving myself a hard time, pushing myself to do more, to try harder....

Here is another human being wearing an oxygen mask and still living life and doing things herself. I said to myself, this woman is the definition of a strong woman. Nothing has stopped her from being part of this world, nothing has stopped her from living. She has the oxygen mask but yet, came out on her own to do things like any other person.








 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Health is one thing we take for granted! We sometimes do not know how living is dependent on health. When you are healthy, you live! Have you seen someone in pain or sick in the hospital? What wouldn't they give to have a moment without pain? Yet, we kill ourselves with worry, fear and despair over things we have little control over.



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment