Friday 8 July 2016

A poem by me titled: My body is only my Vessel!!!

A poem titled 'My body is only my vessel' by my humble self! I wrote it today the 8th of July 2016. Enjoy!


My body is only my vessel
My body is only my coverage
The real me is within
You cannot know me by judging my exterior
My body is only my vessel

A vessel that carries the person I am
A vessel that houses the spirit I am
A vessel that the creator knows is perfect for me
A vessel that I rely on 
My body is only my vessel

Please do not judge me by the color of my vessel,
Please do not hate me by the color of my vessel
If you must do, know that you are only hating the vessel and not the person I am
Should you get to know me for who I am
You will only know that my body is only my vessel

You hate the vessel, you hurt the spirit inside
You hurt the vessel, you hurt the person inside
You mock the vessel, you humiliate the soul inside
Although, my vessel is exterior
It connects to my soul

I love my vessel
I accept my vessel
My vessel houses the real me
Please get to know me before you throw hateful words about my vessel
For my body is only my vessel


Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. This is so nice. It is indeed how I feel. My body is really a vessel, but people judge by what they see and not what they feel. If only they will stop judging and look beyond.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete