Thursday 27 October 2016

Tom Chaplin's 'Quicksand'

So, today I am working from home and put on the television to listen to some news. I was listening to the BBC breakfast programme and also doing some tidying and all of a sudden this song comes up and I was caught up with the lyrics. I had to rewind it to listen to the song again and get the name of the artist who sang this awesome song - Tom Chaplin

The song is about a man's struggle with drug addiction and the lyric could be ambiguous. At the end of the day a struggle is a struggle and it is how we stand and get up after a struggle that matters. I found the song inspirational and hope you do too.

If you are into songs with words that preach resilience and being stoic in the face of adversity, then this song is for you. The words of the song resonates with me and I interpret it with what I have been through in life. I can also see a gospel meaning to the lyrics.

My message from the words of these songs are 'No matter what you are going through, never give up, keep standing and keep fighting'. Life sometimes brings the good and the bad but it is our resilience and fight that helps us carry on.

We all go through different battles in life and even when we are down and out, get up and keep going, get up and keep fighting.

What an awesome message to start the day with! I am going to iTunes now to purchase this song. Click on the link below to enjoy this beautiful song.

https://youtu.be/W8W8IBS2fVg


Morning world!

No comments:

Post a Comment