Wednesday 13 February 2008

History
















Hello Everyone, I hope you are all ok? I was going through some articles for my research and came across this section on Africa. I just have to share it and see what people actually think of this.
The section goes like this: Hegel in his work "reason in history" describes the unenviable fate reserved for Africans, whom he regards as the rejects of humanity. He goes on to say that if one wants to be acquainted with the horrible manifestations of human nature, one can find them in Africa. In sum, what the name Africa signifies is an a historical and underdeveloped world, entirely enslaved to the natural mind, and situated at the threshold of universal history.
Hegel glorifies the genius of humanity, or more precisely, European genius. This fascinating article was written by Paténéma François Sedogo and it is titled Civil Society in Sub-Saharan Africa: How Can Western Countries Help Civil Society in Africa?

This type of articles is what drives me to keep praying that Africa will one day be great. I know we can do it if we put our minds to it. We are not all unintelligent people. We have highly intelligent and intellectual people all over Africa. That is why it frustrates me when I hear of Fighting, killings, corruption, disease etc in Africa. We honestly can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment