Monday 11 February 2008

What would you do?

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all had a lovely weekend? I came across an article on today's paper and my heart went out to the man on the article. Mr Nyang who is of African origin deliberately broke his neck in an attempt to avoid being deported. In the course of this injury, three main vertebrae in his neck snapped and as a result, he is paralysed and it has been said it is very unlikely that he will ever walk again.

My question now is: Is it really worth it? Is abroad so great that one would rather die than go back to his/her home country? I really do not blame Mr. Nyang. I cannot begin to imagine what has made him to detest his country so much that his only alternative not to go back is put himself in this condition. I wish him quick recovery and pray that he is able to walk again and make a positive change to his country through this negative experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment