Tuesday 8 January 2008

The Mind of Individuals

The current events in Africa has weighed heavily on me. This is because for one, I am African and two, I so desire for there to be a change in that continent. Sometimes, I seriously despair for that continent. It seems all the prayers, aid, policies does not seem to work out in the continent. It is the only continent still lagging behind in development. Others like China and India have since moved ahead. I sometimes wonder what it is with the black race. I shared my concerns with a friend and a pastor who said something that interested me. They said, that we blacks were cursed in the old testament. The story is that in the old testament, when Job was naked and his one of his sons saw him naked, job cursed him and said to him, he will be the servant of his other brother. I will look up the verse and share later. But in my amazment, I have to say I went and looked it up.The pastors wife then said, but that curse has been lifted up and that Jesus took away that curse on the curse of Calvary.

Well, back to my normal anticipation that development must surely happen in Africa and I am shocked by another act of wickedness by heartless people within the continent. I will not even go into how people are killing themselves in Kenya. It is in such events that I am so ashamed of acts of wickedness by African. How can a fellow person willingly kill his fellow human being at any excuse be it political or otherwise?

In Nigeria, chairman of the Lagos State chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Alhaji Saka Saula was shot dead by gunmen. The way the event was described was most horrific. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. I do not know this man, but what happened to him is just totally unacceptable. Will the police ever find these people that did this? They should never be allowed into society. Why will any human do this? What goes on in the mind of individuals that do this?



No comments:

Post a Comment