Sunday 27 January 2008

Hidden Paradise












I was going through the pictures I took while I was in Nigeria last year and I decided to share it. If ever you are in Nigeria or you feel like travelling, please do visit Yankari. It is a lovely place and so tranquil. I did have lots of fun and I wanted to spend more time there. It may not be as classy as other safari resorts but you'll have a lovely time. There are animals to see and the Wikki warm spring is a most to experience. I went from Kaduna and it took me seven hours to get to Yankari. Some tips: take loads of money so you do not want for cash. The resort is about 2 hours outside the nearest town. Do not expect too much. The staff are so not professional and I was disappointed with management. The ride to see the animals was really fun.

So if you know anyone interested in traveling to Nigeria, don't forget to tell them about Yankari, Obudu ranch and other hot places we have in the country. I think tourism is another way of bringing wealth to our country. Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to know. What are the details of a trip to Yankari? I mean , how do u get there from say Abuja/ Kano/ Kaduna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Comrade, I went by road and I must say it was pretty tiresome. I understand that one can fly from say Kaduna or Abuja to Jos and then continue by road to Bauchi. It takes about 2 hours to get to Yankari from Jos. Hopefully in the future we might have a train going there from all major airports (LOL)

    ReplyDelete