Tuesday 29 January 2008

The way we are

I often wonder why some Africans here in the UK behave the way they do. I say this because, what I see sometimes among the African community here baffles me. I know so many Nigerians who will have nothing to do with fellow Nigerian because of some the attitudes and character of some. I have noticed the way some Nigerians (I know) look at me in the bus (Not because I am pretty. LOL) but the look is that of pure hatred. It makes me begin to wonder where we got this mind set from (Before you get to know someone, you are already hating the person).
Some Africans don't even know they are Africans again. I saw this girl on the bus stop and she was with some white girls. The way she was looking at me was like, "look I got white friends" LOL. I have also noticed our love for copying western lifestyles and accents. It seems like, well, these people are not proud they are blacks or Africans.

The day I understood why some of the friends I know want nothing from fellow Nigerians or Africans was the day I was attacked on the bus by these Nigerian boys. that was the day I understood fully about black on black violence. This was unprovoked attack. These lads were perhaps high on drugs, they were shouting, speaking Yoruba, and fighting with some white chicks who really put them where they belong. I was busy reading my papers and the next thing..this boy leans towards me, asks for the paper I was busy reading. I stood up, changed seats just to avoid mad boys like them.. the next thing I knew was this young lad behind me pouring all sorts of insults....I kept quiet as two people cannot be mental abi? The two of them stood up, pushed me out of the bus..the police got involved... in my mind, I could not believe my fellow Nigerians will be the ones to attack me abroad (in case you are worried about me, I am OK now LoL). I was really down, I cried and cried but it is over and I am doing great now.

Anyway, how have I move forward? I did because there is no place for hatred in my life... I forgive and move on. My family were a great support and rock. My motto is always try to be the best I can, always aim high, always work hard and a fantastic future is there for me to have. I hope all African parents, brothers and sisters do preach goodness in their children, brothers and sisters lives. I hope all parents will know that they are the role model and not 50 cents. I hope parents love their children and teach them how to love others, remove every form of tribalism, ethnicity hatred or any type of discrimination from their loved ones mind. Its time we know we are blessed race.

1 comment:

  1. Heal the world
    Make it a better place for you and
    for me and the entire human race.
    There are.....................

    ReplyDelete