Monday 14 November 2016

The commute to work

Every morning, I get on the train and commute to work. It takes almost two hours to get to my office and I have become very familiar with the morning passengers and have even become friendly with some of the people I meet each morning at the train station.

The long journey is usually a time of reflection for me. The long hours on the train provides a lot of opportunities such as planning my day, reading books and sending messages to loved ones. It also gives me an opportunity to see how many other people do the same commute to work every day and also, notice the different personalities on the train. There are so many characters that I see each day on the train. Even though most people are engrossed with their phones or laptops, there are certain idiosyncrasies that I cannot help but notice.

Such as the inconsiderate people. They get on the train, do not care about anyone else, open the windows in this freezing weather and let the rest of the passengers freeze.

I don't blame those who get frustrated after a hard day's job, getting on the train and cannot find a seat. Sometimes, these greedy and selfish people hoard seats by leaving their big handbags and suitcase on an empty seat.

Then you get the lovely ones who are always smiling and happy to get into any conversation with you. I have met someone that talked to me for the whole journey.




The commute back home, though stressful, I always look forward to. Sometimes, I stand for 30 to 40 minutes but I don't really mind because I know that I would soon be home, in my onsie and with my loved ones, sipping a hot cup of coffee and laughing about my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment